Sunday, October 18, 2009

My new book, a quarter of the first chapter

The title is going to be Socks Are Evil. This started out at ASP (after school program). I may not be a normal kid, but at least I'm not out of my mind. I was falling off the balance beam as usual getting wood chips in my underpants and shoes when I noticed Tate, one of my friends, never wears socks. I pointed this out to Tate and he said, "Of course I don't wear socks. They're a weapon of the government to control your mind." Well, I for one thought this was crazy talk, but I could not get it out of my mind. Later, after staring at my sock drawer, I called Tate to ask him what he meant. He said, "Some alien wants to control the galaxy starting with earth." "But why?", I asked. "My mom is trying to get me to wear socks." "Then they have her", said Tate. "And my mission is to find out why. Want to help?"Sure" I said, "How can I help?" "Sign up at NASA." Saturday I begged my Mom to bring me to NASA. Finally, we agreed just for a short while. Just enough to sign me up. On the way there I notice something. My mom had a new pair of socks with a strange design with an alien in the middle. In a bag she had a smaller pair for me. When we got there, I found the sign up sheet and quickly filled it out. When we got home I called my other friend, Morgan and told her about the sign up sheet at NASA.

1 comment:

  1. uh oh, I just got some great green socks as a gift...I thought that was a smily face in the center of the design. Now that I look at it closely............

    ReplyDelete